This morning, I woke to that familiar little notification symbol lighting up my WordPress. It was a wonderful surprise to find out I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse, a wonderful book blogger I recently began following. Thank you so much Deanna for giving me this lovely opportunity to answer your questions and promote some amazing blogs (because who ever has enough blog material to read?!)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
Deanna’s Questions for Me!
1. Have you ever named a child, pet, car or anything else after a book character? If so, what was the name and from which book? If not, do you want to?
Never after a book character; I did have a guinea pig named Mrs. Bojangles, after the Frank Sinatra classic, but she sadly passed away into guinea heaven. Once, in the depths of the Tumblr archives, I heard of someone who had named their tortoise Voldetort, and another person who named their lizard Harry (as in, ‘You’re a lizard, Harry’), both of which I think are absolutely wonderful names. If I were to name anything after a book character, it would more than likely come from HP. Shocker, I know.
2. If your favorite book was being made into a movie, who would you cast as the characters?
I have many favourites; HP, The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, for example, but they all have film versions that I quite like already. One of my absolute faves, though, is Wuthering Heights, which is a bit of a Marmite book, and also does not have a single film version that I think does justice to the novel. I won’t list everyone, but a few of the main people that I think could make great characters are…:
- Heathcliff – Kit Harington – not entirely due to the aesthetics (I’ve always been a bit in love with Heathcliff…), but also because I think he can be rough enough. He plays Jon Snow well imho, and I feel like Heathcliff and Jon Snow would probably get on well at a party…
- Cathy – Emma Stone or Jennifer Lawrence – someone who could play her in a suitably angry and disturbed way, and I love both these actresses.
- Hindley – Jude Law – I’m not sure why, I just get the feeling he could play a bitter and twisted man quite well…
- Edgar Linton – Jack Gleeson – Edgar Linton has always turned my blood cold and made me feel a bit sick. Props to Jack Gleeson for having the acting ability to do that too.
- Isabella Linton – Amanda Seyfried – I feel like Seyfried has the innocent look that I imagine Isabella to have, with enough fire to be able to take on her bitterness well.
- Nelly Dean – Victoria Wood – Not sure why, I just think she would be brilliant.
- Joseph – David Bradley – He plays similar roles elsewhere, such as Hot Fuzz, HP and Broadchurch. Plus, who doesn’t love him?!
3. If you could co-author a book with someone, who would it be? What would your book be about?
Oh, easily JK Rowling. I definitely don’t hold her up on a pedestal in terms of her writing style, but in my opinion, nobody can hold a candle to her ability to tell stories. She has always said she wouldn’t return to the wizarding world again, however I would love to work on a children’s fantasy with her; it would be incredible to watch her work and to see the ways she links things together.
4. Would you rather read your favorite book over and over again or read as many “2 star” books as you want?
No question, favourite book… Although then I would have the problem of choosing just one… If you find a book you love, there is no shame in reading it until the pages fall out.
5. What is the book you learned the most from?
Funnily enough, this links back to my teaching experience. I learned that the message of a book can often be so powerful, it can impact people you wouldn’t expect. I read Wonder by R.J. Palacio, with a group of 13/14 year old boys, who hate reading, love to be mean to each other and wind other people up, and who struggle with putting themselves into someone elses shoes. We had a conversation about what life must be like for August, and I will genuinely hold that discussion with me for the rest of my life. They became empathetic, considerate, wonderful human beings and it was a privilege to witness the magic of a good story and the power of a book.
6. If you could rename yourself, what you name you?
I wouldn’t, actually. I am, for the first time in a long time, comfortable with who I am and where I am in life. I like being me, and changing my name would lessen that.
7. What celebrity do people say you look like?
Haha, I’ve had some weird ones… Emily Blunt has come up a lot, from a lot of random people; people I don’t know well, people who I haven’t spoken to for a while, my old Biology teacher… He also told me I looked like the girl from the Love Shack video… I’m not sure which one, but I’ll let you be the judge of that….
8. If you could relive any time period in your life, what would it be?
My three years at Uni. There are a lot of things I would do differently, lectures I would actually turn up to, and moments with my amazing friends that I would cherish. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone, and I miss seeing my girls every day.
9. If you could be a part of any fictional family, whose would it be?
I’d love to be a Weasley, naturally. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? That’ll do.
10. Do you like participating in book tags and awards? Why or why not?
This is my first one, and I have loved it! It’s great to learn more about bloggers and find out things you’d otherwise not get to know!
11. Tell me the most interesting thing about yourself.
See, the problem is, I don’t think I am very interesting… I have a phobia of being off the ground and hate it when people touch my knees. It freaks me out.
- Mollie @ Mollie’s Musings (Because redheads unite!)
- Alex @ ÉDITOS & POÉSIES (Because you always write such lovely comments for me!)
- Kayleigh @ KJ Chapman (SUCH an awesome writer! And enviably good at posting!)
- Sophs @ The Sopho Diaries (Just because…)
- Kelly @ Tea, Books, Eyeliner (Just because it’s a great blog!)
- Jemma @ Gin Folly (Because you’ve got lax on posting and I miss reading your voice)
- Keisha @ Letters for Juliette (Because your blog gives me literal goosebumps)
- Hope @ Teach Pray Love (Because you’ll be jealous of her adventures)
- Sophie @ Cosy Bean (Because I’ve recently followed her and think she is great…)
- Sarina @ Sarina Langer (Because she is cool!)
- Good old Al Nobody @ Hyperactive Pandemonium (Because he is super active on Twitter, which I love!)
- What is your favourite thing about yourself? (No dodging this question, I want some serious self appreciation!)
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Who is your biggest inspiration? How do they inspire you?
- Can you tell us all about a moment that made you really proud, or when you took a huge leap of faith?
- What is the biggest adventure you have ever been on and why?
- If you could have written any book that has already been written, which one and why?
- If you could have any dream job that is not your own, what would it be?
- Would you rather live in a world with unlimited money, or a world where Pokemon are real?
- If you lived in Middle Earth, would you choose to be an elf, wizard, hobbit, human or dwarf?
- What house would you be if you attended Hogwarts and why? Take an online test if you’re not sure!
- Who is your favourite character from any book, film or TV show and why?
Thanks for reading and please check out my nominees – they have some awesome blogs!